Build Your Impact Marketing Plan
Develop a marketing plan that’s aligned with your organization’s mission and resources.
|DATES||September – November, 2023|
|LENGTH||9 weeks, 3-5 hours per week|
|OPEN TO||Metro Denver-based social enterprises, both nonprofit and for-profit|
|FORMAT||Cohort – a group of 6-10 organizations|
Mix of in-person sessions held at the SVP Denver office and virtual Zoom sessions. See program schedule below for details.
|DEADLINE||Apply by Friday, August 18th|
Have questions? Interested in other dates? Let us know!
What you’ll learn
Get expert advice and peer support from other Colorado-based impact leaders to enhance your organization’s social impact marketing plan.
Enhance your organization’s marketing capabilities by creating a strategic plan that tells your story effectively. Throughout this series, you will gain valuable insights and strategies tailored to address the unique challenges and opportunities impact organizations face.
From developing a solid marketing foundation to crafting compelling messages and utilizing resources wisely, this program equips you with the tools and knowledge to create impactful content and amplify your efforts. With a focus on aligning marketing objectives with your mission, you’ll learn to navigate the marketing landscape strategically, build strong connections through storytelling, and measure your success. Take action to drive your organization forward with a refined and effective marketing plan.
WHO IS THIS PROGRAM FOR?
> Nonprofit and for-profit organizaitons with a focus on social impact
> Executive Directors
> Board Members
> Marketing Directors
> Program Directors / Coordinators
> Outreach Coordinators
> Organizations with small marketing teams looking to maximize their potential
MEET THE FACILITATOR
Impact-focused communications expert
CEO & Creative Director, Original Account Strategies
Alisha Harris is the founder and CEO of Original Account Strategies (OAS), a website development and graphic design agency specializing in helping organizations communicate effectively. OAS has completed projects for individuals, small businesses, government contractors, nonprofit organizations, and public entities – including workshops for Mile High United Way and Moonshot Edventures
Alisha holds a B.A. in Theatrical Production with a focus in Costume Design and a B.A. in Spanish Communication for Business and Professional Contexts. She also earned a certificate in Teaching English as a Second or Other Language. In the community, Alisha is known for helping others feel vibrant and shine with their full glory. She is currently a Fellow both in the Urban Leadership Foundation of Colorado’s 2023 cohort and the Denver Metro Chamber Leadership Foundation’s Impact Denver program. In life, her intention is to continuously build bridges amongst people, communities, concepts, and ideas.
OUTCOMES & BENEFITS
Why join the Social Impact Marketing Plan cohort?
WHAT YOU’LL WALK AWAY WITH
By the end of this program you will have:
- A comprehensive marketing plan tailored to your organization’s goals, target audiences, and unique value proposition
- Written documents that can be shared with key stakeholders
- Access to a curated set of tools, frameworks, and templates specifically designed for impact organizations’ marketing needs
- Crafted and refined messaging and storytelling narratives that effectively communicate your organization’s mission, values, and impact
Participation should create the following impacts:
- Improved marketing effectiveness by developing a comprehensive marketing plan
- Increased stakeholder engagement as a result of conveying your mission and impact more effectively
- Strategic resource allocation including time, budget, and human capital that allows for maximum impact and return on investment
- Sustainability and growth stemming from a clear plan that leads to increased social impact
Each organization will get paired with 1-2 local professionals who will provide support throughout the program. These professionals will have relevant experience and can offer another set of eyes and a third-party perspective to the work you produce. They will:
- Join group calls to discuss plans and progress
- Review weekly projects and send back notes, comments and ideas
PEER LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
As part of this program, you’ll also connect with fellow participants from CO-based impact organizations:
- Live Sessions: Five live sessions for people to check in, share learnings, and collaborate in groups.
- Individual Connections: You’ll be welcome to follow up with other participating teams to connect.
More about this training cohort
The group will meet every other week for 5 live sessions held virtually on Zoom with the potential to gather in-person for the final session. Please check your calendar and ensure you are able to attend all of these session dates.
- Session 1: Wednesday, September 20th @1:30 – 3PM
- Session 2: Wednesday, October 4th @1:30 – 3PM
- Session 3: Wednesday, October 18th @1:30 – 3PM
- Session 4: Wednesday, November 1st @1:30 – 3PM
- Session 5: Friday, November 17th @9:00 – 10:30AM
For best results from this training cohort, we ask that you commit to attending all sessions. To get the most out of the program, we suggest you set aside 3–5 hours per week:
- 1.5 hours – to join live sessions with your team. Please check the session dates to make sure you are able to attend them all!
- 2-3 hours – to work on follow-up session team projects.
YOUR PARTICIPANTS & ROLES
Each participating social mission organization is encouraged to have multiple people participate (2-5 is typical). You should have:
- Internal Project Lead: This person will be the internal facilitator of their organization’s Social Impact Marketing Plan creation and is accountable for ensuring all team projects are delivered to coaches and the cohort facilitator. This person should have 3 – 5 hours per week to commit over the duration of the cohort.
- Operations Team Members: This should be a small group of 2-6 staff, leadership and Board members you’d like to engage in the process, who have some involvement in the marketing and communications piece of your business. Their participation is more flexible, usually 2-3 hours per week.
What other SVP Denver cohort participants say
“I think the [theory of change] cohort probably saved us a year in terms of understanding what we do and why and for whom.”
Free Range Beehives
“You have given us the tools needed and a good foundation for crafting and presenting a winning pitch to investors, customers and partners. Each and every one of you have been instrumental with preparing our group to create and deliver a (tailored) pitch with passion.”
Program Manager, African Leadership Group
“We gained a tremendous amount from this cohort—having external unaltered feedback from various people with key components to keep in mind has strengthened our approach greatly!”
Executive Director, Mile High Youth Corps
“Our team had many fruitful conversations that helped us to examine the how, and more importantly, the what and the why of our work. These conversations not only help us communicate with stakeholders more effectively, but in guiding our own strategic planning efforts.”
-Tracy Flowers, Access Opportunity
“[We gained] a clear deliverable to use in messaging our work, clarity on our core theory of change and more ability to communicate concisely about it to outsiders”
–Roger Low, Colorado Equitable Mobility Initiative
of past participants would recommend
Frequently asked questions
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Why is this training free for my organization?
SVP Denver is a nonprofit that connects nonprofits and social enterprises with the expertise and support they need to grow their impact. We are primarily funded through grants and individual donations that allow us to offer our high value training for free (or at highly subsidized rates). We are committed to making our programs accessible to all organizations – especially those with inequitable access to resources.
How flexible is the program? I’m not sure I can make all the sessions.
Somewhat flexible! At least one leader from your organization should be available to join all of the live sessions since you will also have time to work with designated mentors and your team during this time. The coaching sessions will be scheduled at mutually agreed upon times that match your schedule.
You should be prepared to commit regular hours to this program throughout the 9 week duration. If you believe that you’ll be gone or unavailable for any extended period of time from June to July 2023, please note that in your application.
MORE OPPORTUNITIES FROM SVP DENVER
You may also be interested in…
Other Training Cohorts
We run other training cohorts with different topics and facilitators. View our website to see what is being offered.
Need quick answers to a pressing challenge? We’ll handpick a diverse group of experts for a 90-minute solution session.
Need expert support on a multi-month strategic project, but can’t afford a consultant? SVP Denver Partners want to help, for free.