Do you need support to overcome a key challenge to your organization’s growth? If you are looking for outside expertise to amplify your impact, but can’t afford to hire an outside consultant, then SVP Denver wants to help. Our Partners bring decades of professional experience from the business and nonprofit sectors, and they volunteer their time to help social mission organizations in Denver.
HOW IT WORKS
Simply fill out our application to tell us about the challenge you are working on and how SVP Denver Partners can help. If you are a good fit, an SVP Denver staff member will reach out to set up a virtual call to learn more. We’ll help you scope out the project and make sure it’s set up for success. If everything looks good, leadership and staff from your organization will work directly with SVP Denver Partners in a customized, multi-month strategic project.
Typical Project Structure
SVP Denver Partners
Hours per week
- Improving your financial management system
- Guiding you through a merger of two nonprofit organizations
- Supporting improvement of board of director governance processes
- Developing a business plan to guide your organization’s growth
- Revamping your marketing or branding
WHY WORK WITH SVP?
Since 2002, SVP Denver has provided quality pro-bono consulting services, training and impact investment to more than 250 local nonprofits and for-profit social enterprises serving the greater Denver community.
“I recently had opportunities to deliver the ALG (Afrik Impact) pitch virtually and in-person and felt totally comfortable. Each and every one of you have been instrumental with preparing our group to create and deliver a (tailored) pitch with passion.”
“We were able to get some momentum behind developing a theory of change that I know we’ll be able to put to use right away! It was also a great opportunity for us to critically examine the “whys” behind each of our programs.”
APPLICATION & ELIGIBLITY
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Selected organizations will participate in a one-on-one virtual discussion to better understand your goals and fit for the program.
What We Look for In Capacity-Building Investees:
A. Nonprofit or For-Profit Impact Organization = your organization is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit, is operating under a fiscal agent or is a social venture (public benefit corporation).
B. Operating in the Denver Metro Region = you are located within and/or providing 51% or more of your services within Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas, and/or Jefferson counties.
C. Mission and Impact = you understand how your services are meeting a clear community need.
D. Team Readiness = your staff/board will dedicate time to assessing current systems, strategizing their desired future state and work to get there on top of day-to-day operations.
E. <$4M in Revenue = we support impact organizations that don’t have the resources to pay for outside support.
F. Inclusiveness and Equity = your organization embodies values, policies and practices that ensure all stakeholders are engaged equitably.
If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you within a few business days.
What We Will Ask of You:
- A willingness to take a hard look at what’s holding your organization back, and share those weaknesses openly. After honest conversations, we can get to work – together.
- Flexibility and openness to working with our SVP Denver partners who have busy schedules, varied professional backgrounds and joined our organization to give back strategically to yours.
- A commitment to calling us out when something’s not working for you. That may be uncomfortable, but our best results come from honest relationships.
- Identification of the capacity-building areas you want to work on with us and how they relate to your mission.
- An openness to metrics/assessments throughout the process. We want to understand what impact our work together has so we can track our progress.
- Employment of a work plan that follows a logic model framework as outlined in this resource.
- Development of impact metrics for each change project, both at the end of our engagement and one year later.
Ready to work with an SVP Denver team? Let’s go!