This spring Social Venture Partners Denver is running three training cohorts, Theory of Change, Make Your Pitch and Drive Your Strategy With Finance (a new pilot program!). These cohorts are fortunate to have the participation of 15 noteworthy social mission organizations that bring diverse experiences and perspectives to the cohort, enriching the learning experience for all involved.
Among the participants are local nonprofits and social enterprises focused on unique issues such as gender-based violence, youth empowerment, workforce development and job training – just to name a few. Want to learn more about these great organizations and the work they do? Check out the list below.
Theory of Change –
- Project Safeguard – Committed to helping end gender-based violence through safety planning, legal advocacy, direct court support and attorney services to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking.
- Denver Urban Gardens – Focuses on reducing barriers to fresh, healthy, and organic food by providing access to space, knowledge, and resources for anyone wishing to grow their own produce. Annually, they serve more than 40,000 people through their gardens and programs.
- Denver Regional Mobility & Access Council (DRMAC) – DRMAC’s mission is to promote mobility and access for all by addressing transit needs through public outreach and by coordinating the efforts of government agencies and transit providers.
- Lincoln Hills Cares – Develops the next generation of young leaders through outdoor education and recreation, cultural history exploration and workforce advancement. Their programs empower youth who may not otherwise have the opportunity due to economic, social or family circumstances.
- Mile High Youth Corps – brings young people from diverse life experiences together to learn, work hard, and grow in service to community, the environment, and their own development.
- New America College – A nonprofit language school that cultivates and celebrates inclusion, community, and success through a focused English language experience.
Make Your Pitch –
- The Blue Bench – Mission is to eliminate sexual assault and diminish the impact it has on individuals, their loved ones and our community through comprehensive issue advocacy, prevention and care.
- The Efshar Project – Elevates and empowers early childhood professionals working in Jewish affiliated Early Childhood centers that are part of their community-based network.
- The Downtown Denver Islamic Center – An independent non-profit organization dedicated to provide a peaceful and welcoming space of Islamic rituals and education for all. Its purpose is to practice and share the teachings and values of Islam by providing religious, spiritual, educational and recreational facilities for those interested.
- The People’s Pickles – The People’s Pickles (part of the Community Outreach Service Center) is a community-driven social enterprise that provides job training and transitional employment for marginalized individuals in the Denver Metro area.
- Latina Safehouse – Works to provide bilingual and culturally sensitive services to Latina survivors of domestic violence and their families.
- YouthRoots – A leadership program that empowers high school students to tackle community issues. Through their program, students respond to emerging needs and build the skills to become change makers now and tomorrow.
Drive Your Strategy With Finance –
- Deaf Overcoming Violence Through Empowerment (DOVE) – An organization dedicated to providing advocacy services for Deaf, DeafBlind, DeafDisabled, or Hard of Hearing (DDBDDHH) victims and survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and other forms of abuse in Colorado.
- Adelante Community Development – A nonprofit organization that serves Latino families and entrepreneurs. Adelante is comprised of small and medium business owners and leaders seeking to democratize business strategic planning and economic justice in Colorado.
- Foster Source – A nonprofit organization offering trauma education, relief services and therapeutic services to foster and kinship families throughout Colorado.