Ready to begin the capacity-building process? We’re with you every step of the way.
What SVP Denver Will Bring to the Table:
- Targeted investments. Our SVP Denver partners’ (members) time, professional expertise and resources include dedicated pro-bono consulting teams with relevant skill sets.
- Skilled volunteers. Our dedicated and passionate SVP partners roll up their sleeves and help build your organization’s capacity in areas that are keeping you from reaching your full potential.
- Commitment to working in partnership. Often there’s a power dynamic in capacity- building relationships; we do our best to mitigate that. We invite honest feedback, own up to our mistakes and strive to find a path forward that works for all. SVP Denver partners may have specific expertise and skills that can help you, but you’re the expert in your mission. Thus, we see our investee engagements as peer-learning opportunities where we can learn from each other while working towards goals.
What We Will Ask of You:
- Willingness to take a hard look at what’s holding your organization back, and share those weaknesses openly. After honest conversations, we can get to work – together.
- Flexibility and openness to working with our SVP Denver partners who have busy schedules, varied professional backgrounds and joined our organization to give back strategically to yours.
- A commitment to calling us out when something’s not working for you. That may be uncomfortable, but our best results come from honest relationships.
- Identifying the capacity-building areas you want to work on with us and how they relate to your mission.
- Be open to metrics/assessments throughout the process. We want to understand what impact our work together has so we can track our progress.
- Employ a work plan that follows a logic model framework as outlined in this resource.
- Develop impact metrics for each change project, both at the end of our engagement and one year later.
A. Qualified Nonprofit Organization = your organization is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit, is operating under a fiscal agent or is a social venture (public benefit corporation).
B. Operating in the Denver Metro Region = you are located within and/or providing 51% or more of your services within Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas, and/or Jefferson counties.
C. Mission and Impact = you understand how your services are meeting a clear community need.
D. Leadership Readiness = your executive director is a champion for change; and your board of directors both supports your application and will be active in our engagement. All of you have the desire to “get to the next level” in your organization’s evolution. Armed with a willingness to self-reflect and accept external input, you have an appetite for change, hard work and fun.
E. Capacity to Work with SVP Denver = your organization is ready for a collaborative relationship with passionate volunteers and has strong interest in a peer-learning relationship. Your staff/board will dedicate time to assessing current systems, strategizing their desired future state and work to get there on top of day-to-day operations.
F. Alignment = your organization offers interesting opportunities for SVP Denver partners and your needs are aligned with our ability to help.
G. Financial Stability = over the past three years, your organization has shown consistent financial stability, or you have a credible plan demonstrating continued operations as well as growth.
H. Inclusiveness and Equity = your organization embodies values, policies and practices that ensure all stakeholders are engaged equitably.
If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com and we will get back to you within a few business days.
Ready to Apply? Let’s Go!